Access Features using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- Parental Controls – This feature allows the user to block inappropriate content on the user’s network to better secure the network from any malicious content.
- Guest Network – This feature allows the user to create multiple temporary networks for any guests. This way, the user’s network and its shared contents are kept safe.
- Network Map – This feature allows the user to check for the exact number of devices that are connected to the user’s network.
Alternatively, the user can also change the username and password (linksyssmartwifi.com) to the desired combination as to keep the unauthorized users away from their network. The user also must update the firmware of the router to make sure that the router isn’t vulnerable to any potential threats.
Firmware Update using www.linksyssmartwifi.com
The Firmware update is a very crucial step that must be taken to ensure that the router is up to date along with its security features.
Here, we will help the users with the initial physical setup and login process to the Linksys router admin login, to reset the router, to change the username and password and to update the firmware of the Linksys router.
For example, we will take the Linksys Max Stream EA7500 Wi-Fi router (linksyssmartwifi.com) and guide the users with the troubleshooting steps.
These steps are also applicable for the rest of the Linksys routers (linksyssmartwifi.com).
Troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Linksys Max Stream EA7500 Wi-Fi router:
- Connect the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the Linksys router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect the device being used for installation of the router to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable.
- Reboot all the devices and wait for the reboot to finish.
- Now, open an internet browser on the same device that is connected to the Linksys router. Type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and press enter.
- The Linksys router’s admin login page will appear prompting the user for the default credentials. The Default credentials are provided at the bottom of the routers. The default username is either “admin” or the field is left blank for some routers and the default password is “admin” for most of the Linksys routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the Quick Setup will appear. Here, the user can choose to configure their routers settings as they desire using the simple on screen instructions.
Now, the user will have successfully logged in to the router without any problems. From here, the user can configure their network as they please.
Troubleshooting steps to Reset the Linksys Max Stream EA7500 Wi-Fi router using Linksys smart wi-fi
- The reset button is located at the back of most of the Linksys routers. It can be labeled as reset or restore factory settings. The name may vary for different router models.
- Using a small pin or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the button after ten seconds. Once the power LED light at the front of the router turns green/white and solid in color, the router will have been restored to its factory default settings.
From here, the user can login again to their Linksys router using www.linksyssmartwifi.com admin login page and reconfigure their network suitable to their needs.
- If the user chooses to reset their router, all of their personalized settings will get reset too.
- Do not unplug the router from its power source during the reset as it can damage the firmware of the router.