Linksys manufacture various series of routers, based on their configurations and specifications which are distributed in various models. It manufactures the wide variety of models of networking routers and also a large variety of smart home connectivity products. Many models are distributed along the Linux based firmware which also can run third-party firmware. The first model which Linksys produced was Linksys WRT54G series.
The Linksys WRT160N series then became the successor of the popular Linksys WRT54G series.
Wireless routers of Linksys gives the people freedom to connect multiple devices to their Internet anywhere. They also provide the convenience to customers to not to restrict the routers just a few feet away from the switch with the cable. They are very handy and allows you to connect with various multiple devices within the range of signals. They also give us the liberty to have free movement along with our laptops with the sophistication of wireless routers. Linksys has managed to launch various categories of routers along with their enhanced features to let the customers enjoy their enhanced functionalities. Their enhanced speed and the secured network gives an individual a sigh of relief to not to get their network hacked by the unwanted users.
Linksys has now also has given the sophistication to customers to easily access their routers with the Linksys smart wifi app which can be used in Android as well as IOS. Linksys design varied smart routers which can be utilized for the variety of purposes like for gaming purpose, for HD video streaming, for surfing, for business work, to handle account details in banks, for the connectivity of servers in ATM and for various other purposes giving their best utilization to the customers.
Various enhanced Linksys models are
- Linksys WRT Gaming Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys Max-Stream AC2200 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Wi-fi router
- Linksys WRT1900AC Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless AC Router
- Linksys EA6700 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Linksys Max-Stream AC2200 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Wireless Router
- Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Tri-Band Router (EA9300)
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream™ AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
Linksys router setup
Linksys compatible routers are started to gain large share in the market. Their popular products in markets are utilized everywhere for business as well as for home purposes.
They have easy-to-use web interface through which one can easily access as well as configure with the help of www.Linksyssmartwifi.com. Linksys has provided the very convenient web interface to allow the users to get the Linksys router setup and allow them to customize their network settings. An individual can also use the Local IP address 192.168.11 to get to the web interface page. Due to the complexity of numbers as well as of dots in IP address, user usually use www.Linksyssmartwifi.com to get access to the web interface.
Steps by step follow these guidelines to set up the Linksys router
- Plug in the Linksys router into the power sources with the power Adapter and go through the initial process.
- Take one Ethernet cable and connect its one end with the modem port and another end to the router which is marked with the internet.
- Take another Ethernet cable, attach its one end to the desktop and another end to the router through LAN port.
- Open up the browser in the PC and type www.Linksyssmartwifi.com on the web link of the browser or you can also type 192.168.1.1 in place of the above link.
- Admin page will appear, Fill up the username with the “admin” and password with the “password”. Username and password might be case sensitive.
- Go through all the instructions properly and configure your Linksys router properly along with personalizing the network settings.
- In the End, Click Save settings button in order to save all the settings that you have done manually
Linksys smart wi-fi app
Linksys has introduced us with its smart wifi app through which we can easily access our Linksys router from anywhere. Linksys wifi app has given us the convenience to easily handle and secure our network from anywhere without even accessing the Linksys router setup, which user usually do by logging in with the www.Linksyssmartwifi.com. It has given us the freedom to manage our wi-fi from any mobile Device.
Linksys has embedded its smart app with various essential features such as Device prioritization, Guest list, Internet scheduling, internet update and various others which makes it one of the most brilliant applications in era of all the routers.
Its “Guest access feature” is super cool in which you can set the number of total guests that can access your device. It gives you the profit to limit the users that you wanted to set for the access to your wifi.
The essential features of Linksys wifi app are
- Guest access
- Device list
- Device prioritization
- Parent controls
- Manage routers
- Port Forwarding
- Auto Firmware Update
- Internet Scheduling
- Works with Alexa
- 24/7 access
What is the Parental control feature in Linksys?
Parental control feature in Linksys allows you to limit the internet usage in specific desktops in your home or in office. It also controls internet usage for some specific time that would rather be for some specific days or could be for the specific time that will allow restricting the access to the Internet.
What is Linksys connect?
Linksys connect is an advanced software that allows the customers to have access of various features in order to manage your wireless network. Security settings, Guest settings, Advanced settings are some of its features which allows you to access your Linksys router in a very convenient way. Once this software is installed it would ease you to manage your wi-fi in a sophisticated manner.
What are the specifications required by the power adapter in order to work with the Linksys.?
The power adapter must support both WPA as well as WPA2 in order to work with the Linksys connect.
Where will I find router’s network name SSID using the Linksys web interface?
- Get into the login page by typing www.Linksyssmartwifi.com
- Fill up the login credentials
- Below the Settings, you will find the Router Settings section where you will find the SSID.
What should one do if he forgot the Parental controls?
As Linksys does not provide any option to recover the password of the Parental control. So, the last and only chance is to reset the Parental control from the Linksys connect which will bring it back to its default settings.